Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Flavors Fail




I'll come right out and say it: I do not like the "warm" flavors of the two new fall coffee drinks. I decided I would try both flavors the pumpkin latte and the apple caramel javalanche. Bleh. I have never liked like the flavors even as candle scents; so I was not too hopeful while trying them in liquid form.

 First, I decided to try the apple caramel javalanche since the beautiful weather permitted. As many things, the drink did not look as appetizing as the picture in Java City. I took a sip. My mouth felt dry with the tartness and then the overpowering sweetness of the caramel. I took a few more sips before disposing of the drink in a nearby trashcan. I later purchased a Lemon Italian Soda to rinse the taste out of my mouth.

Next day, it was time to try the pumpkin latte. I had been avoiding it even before I tried the apple caramel javalanche. I don’t like pumpkin flavored foods. I like carving pumpkins…that is about it though. I bought a small, pumpkin latte and bottled water (as a precaution). Maybe I was setting up the pumpkin latte for failure but that is what it was--a failure. I took only two sips before throwing it away.

 So these are only my subjective thoughts on the fall flavors. Not a fan. I am a fan; however, of the winter flavors…bring on the peppermint white mocha!!!

Based on a work at picasaweb.google.com.

Creative Commons License
javacitymural by Samantha Grubbs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at picasaweb.google.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment